Book Finds 10/7/19

BrandBacker Member Today I'm here to tell you about one of the books I had finished reading last week. Just a small amount without any spoilers of course, don't want to ruin it for you.

Here's a link to where you can find the book yourself. 
https://www.deliriousscribbles.com/th-scribbles/th-bpc 


#BloodPhoenix
Below will be my initial thoughts after reading it but let me give you the description you can see on the site. "
Wyldfae incursions plague Atlanta. The Georgia Shield must protect humanity from the Sidhe Courts and their twisted games. Quayla, the city’s newest and only water phoenix, gambles her life to stop the attacks and prove herself to the other phoenixes.

Quayla scours a labyrinth of half-truths and misdirection to unravel the guilty from the merely vile. Her love life is crumbling. Atlanta PD is hunting her. Every move seems wrong, and one more mistake could globally unleash panic and magical pandemonium.

As Quayla’s pursuit closes in, the Sidhe launch an assault on her Shield. Phoenixes are dying. Faeries invade their sanctum. Down to her last dregs of essence, Quayla must choose between abandoning her brothers or risking True Death to safeguard their last line of defense against oblivion.
 " 

My thoughts: Wow, it really does just throw you right into all the action. I actually like that. I can't count how many books i've put down or skipped over the first few pages because the start is way too slow. This one really just plunges you in and in my opinion, it's great! 

The amount of details in the science fiction makes it so welcoming for even newbies to scifi like myself. Overall it was easy for me to read and get through. I saw the cover picture of the book and I said, "oh, that looks interesting." I was so correct when I got it. This is the type of story that will have me reaching for more. I can't wait to read more books by this author.

Comments

Popular Posts