Project Pan Progress


   
  The first palette I ever bought was this gorgeous rainbow palette from BH Cosmetics that I kept seeing all over my instagram just when I was starting to get into makeup. 

Have you ever found yourself asking, how long does it take to pan a palette?

    I love makeup, I LOVE IT. Just as much as the next self titled beauty addict or beauty obsessed person. 

Have you ever found you have an obnoxiously large amount of makeup? 

    Even more so during these times it has become more and more obvious to myself that I really do have more makeup than I can use. I've slowly started taking an inventory of ALL, and I mean ALL of my makeup. Next step will definitely be skincare, then hair care, nail care, and lastly perfumes. 

    If you're new to the concept of project panning it is all about getting the most use out of what you already own. Whether it is seeing some progress in the amount you use, seeing the pan in the bottom of a powder product, or completely using up a product, it is all project panning! Not every product is easy to pan but seeing some progress and knowing you're getting use out of what you paid for is such a great feeling.

     For about a year I was working on getting the most use possible yet not exactly project panning my oldest palette I own. I chose to use my BH Cosmetics take me to brazil eyeshadow palette before it started to go bad on me. Yes, powder product does start to go bad at some point. This palette was much older than I would like to admit and when I started using it I did start to notice some of my eyeshadow shades had already started to get hard pan. (they began to get this hard film/texture over the top making it hard to use the shadow, almost like an overpressed shadow.)
    Above is a not so good picture when I first started to see progress in my palette 66 weeks from today. If you see the light purple shade on top, the 3 blue shades going down, and the bright green have a hard crusty top, also known as hard pan. [March 2019]
    This second photo is actually from 52 weeks ago. I shared it onto my instagram stories proudly showing the many colors that I had hit pan in when the first picture was just 14 weeks before. That's three and a half months of not using it everyday or for every look but making a conscious decision to reach for it more often. There is 5 pans peeking through some shades that were easy for me to reach for when adding some fun pops of color to a look.

    Up next is a really fun one to look at, simply because of what I used to track which shades I had hit pan in. This picture is from 47 weeks ago, 19 weeks since the first picture was taken. There is 7 shades showing a bit of pan in this palette and some progress can be seen in other shades. 
    A much prouder update to show is from 29 weeks ago, November 30, 2019. This is 37 weeks from the first update back in March 2019. Still only 7 shades with pan but they are VERY visible and very there! 


    On January 4th I introduced the project pan that palette I was participating in. It's a collaboration by the Pantastic Ladies over on facebook and that really made me feel like I was part of the panning community! Tomorrow I'll be sharing how the first 6 months of my next project pan have been and why there are clubs (♣), diamonds (♦), hearts (♥), and spades (♠) in the accompanying picture to my January 4th introductory picture. If you've spotted the #panningsolitaire in the right picture, thats a big clue as to why there's card suits on the shades! 










Comments

Popular Posts